The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji’s Centenary year, 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service. ‘Education through Service’ is the purpose of the NSS. The ideological orientation of the NSS is inspired by the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi. Very appropriately, the motto of NSS is “NOT ME, BUT YOU”. An NSS volunteer places the ‘community’ before ‘self’.
- Organizing guest lectures on various topics for the overall social and personality development of the NSS volunteers
- Celebration of various days
- Tree plantation programme and Blood donation camps are organized
- Undertaking shramdan/cleaning campaign from time to time under the “Swach Bharat Mission” in college and adopted village.
INDIAN SOCIETY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION (ISTE)
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE / DST / MIT / State Governments are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education. The Headquarters of ISTE is located at New Delhi.
Major Benefits of becoming an ISTE Member
- A Member of a National Professional Organisation
- Join an academic fraternity of over 50,000 strong professionals
- Preference to attend short-term training programmes for academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities
- Bi-monthly Newsletter
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional association with its corporate office in New York City and its operations center in Piscataway, New Jersey. It was formed in 1963 from the amalgamation of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the Institute of Radio Engineers. Today, it is the world’s largest association of technical professionals with more than 400,000 members in chapters around the world. Its objectives are the educational and technical advancement of electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer engineering and allied disciplines.
[supsystic-gallery id=18 position=center]